Aico Ei100BNX Ionisation Smoke Alarm
- Operates on the principle that electrical current flowing between electrodes in the ionisation chamber is altered when smoke particles enter.
- Sensitive to all domestic fire types but is especially sensitive to fast flaming fires.
- Supplied with screw fixings and is simple to install. The battery removed indicator is a very important safety feature of the alarm. If the battery has been removed a pop up warning flag appears and it is not possible to replace the alarm cover until a new battery has been fitted.
- The alarm is fitted with a ‘Test’ button to facilitate frequent testing of the alarm. The sounder will automatically stop sounding when smoke particles are no longer present in the chamber. This is useful in the case of nuisance alarms from cooking fumes etc.
- When the battery is nearing its end of life, the alarm will emit a short beep every 40 seconds to indicate that the battery needs replacing.When the battery is first connected, the alarm may sound for 2 to 3 seconds, this is normal and means that the battery is connected correctly.